Who can become a member of NBGSA?
NBGSA membership is open to graduate and undergraduate students, academicians, institutions, corporations and other groups and/or individuals who are interested in supporting students of color in the pursuit of graduate and professional educational excellence. The NBGSA does not discriminate or limit its membership to any individual or group based on race, creed, color, nationality, ability or sexual preference. Eligible persons or organizations seeking membership must accept the terms and conditions of the NBGSA Constitution and Bylaws and pay the membership dues.
The membership cycle is effective from September 1st to August 31st.
What are the benefits to NBGSA Membership?
* Quarterly newsletter that provides updates on NBGSA programs and initiatives
* Ability to submit articles or serve as an editor for Call and Response: The Scholarly Journal of the National Black Graduate Student Association
* Eligibility to present research at NBGSA regional and national conferences.
* NBGSA lapel pin
* Membership card
* Inclusion on a regional membership listserv, which receives monthly updates
* Registration for NBGSA elections
* Eligibility for NBGSA state, regional, and national leadership positions
* Inclusion in a national membership directory
* Eligibility for the Willie E. Lawson Memorial Scholarship
* Ability to submit articles for The Voice, the NBGSA newsletter
* Access to an alumni network of faculty and professionals
* National conference registration discount
25th National Black Graduate Student Association Conference, March 6 -10, 2013 Detroit, MI